I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Science, at University College Dublin. I am also affiliated with UCD Earth Institute, and an Academic Collaborator with ADAPT SFI Research Centre, Dublin.
I graduated with a B.Tech from National Institute of Technology Silchar, India summa cum laude in 2010. Post graduation, I worked with Ericsson India as a network engineer from 2010 to 2012. Then I went on to complete my Ph.D. from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore, under the supervision of Prof. Lee Yee Hui and Dr. Stefan Winkler, in 2017. From Aug-Dec 2015, I was a visiting Doctoral Assistant at Audiovisual Communication Laboratory (LCAV), at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, under the supervision of Prof. Martin Vetterli and Dr. Adam Scholefield. During my Ph.D., I was a team member of Vision & InterAction Group (Vintage), at Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC), the Singapore-based research center of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. From 2017 till 2019, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher at ADAPT Centre, the Science Foundation Ireland (SFI)-funded research centre, based at Trinity College Dublin. I worked on industry-affiliated projects with Prof. François Pitié and Declan McKibben, Design & Innovation Lab (dLab), ADAPT Centre. I was also an Associate Faculty at School of Computing, National College of Ireland, Dublin during 2018-2019.
- I’m a guest editor in the Special Issue on Deep Learning and Evolutionary Computation for Satellite Imagery, in IEEE Big Data Mining and Analytics journal.
- Welcome to our grad students: Jason Walsh, and Barry McNicholl, who joined us for their research masters degree supervision.
- Welcome to our summer interns for this academic year: Sarthak Batra, Dewansh Kaloni, Pierre Berjon, Guillaume Tran, and Buğra Alparslan. They are working on varied projects in the area of computer vision and machine learning.
- We are delighted to receive a research grant from Kaggle, a subsidiary of Google LLC, for atmospheric monitoring using imaging sensors, along with Michela Bertolotto, Gavin McArdle, and Isabella Gollini.
- Welcome Mayank Jain to our group. He joins us for his PhD since January 2020, on understanding the various events in the atmosphere using computer vision techniques.
- [older news]