I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Science, at University College Dublin. I am also an Institute Member of UCD Earth Institute, and an SFI Funded Investigator with ADAPT SFI Research Centre, Dublin.
I graduated with a B.Tech from National Institute of Technology Silchar, India summa cum laude in 2010. Post graduation, I worked with Ericsson India as a network engineer from 2010 to 2012. Then I went on to complete my Ph.D. from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore, under the supervision of Prof. Lee Yee Hui and Dr. Stefan Winkler, in 2017. From Aug-Dec 2015, I was a visiting Doctoral Assistant at Audiovisual Communication Laboratory (LCAV), at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, under the supervision of Prof. Martin Vetterli and Dr. Adam Scholefield. During my Ph.D., I was a team member of Vision & InterAction Group (Vintage), at Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC), the Singapore-based research center of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. From 2017 till 2019, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher at ADAPT Centre, the Science Foundation Ireland (SFI)-funded research centre, based at Trinity College Dublin. I worked on industry-affiliated projects with Prof. François Pitié and Declan McKibben, Design & Innovation Lab (dLab), ADAPT Centre. I was also an Associate Faculty at School of Computing, National College of Ireland, Dublin during 2018-2019.
- (Mar 2022): We have two PhD funded opportunities at our group with a start date of August 2022. Please see [this] and [this] link for further details. Apply!
- (Feb 2022): Welcome to Girievasan Manivannan from National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, India to our group, who joins us as a research intern.
- (Dec 2021): Our group publishes seven papers        to 2021 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting (APS/URSI).
- (Oct 2021): Welcome Deepak Joel Yericherla from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Naya Raipur, India, Nitin Sai Bommi from University of Hyderabad, India, and Prathistith Raj Medi from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Naya Raipur, India to our group. They join us as research interns.
- (Sep 2021): Welcome Shane Cooke, Killian Callaghan, Andra Antal-Berbecaru, and Jarrett Pierse to our group. They join us for a year as part of their BSc final year projects.
- (Sep 2021): Welcome Alexia Larchen Costuchen to our group. She joins us as a visiting researcher, as a part of Erasmus Internship programme to contribute to the development of gamified survey software.
- (Sep 2021): Our group publishes two papers   to 2021 4th IEEE International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies (SEST).
- [older news]