- (September 2022): Welcome to Atseosi Idogho, Nan Wu, Loghlen Rickard, Ammar Abdalla, and Tom Higgins who joins us for their final year projects in AY 2022/23.
- (August 2022): Welcome to Riju Das, Prasanjit Dey, Sukriti Dhang, and Conor O’Sullivan to our group, who joins us as PhD students starting from Fall 2022 sesssion. Best wishes to all of you.
- (June 2022): Welcome to Ambrish Kashyap, Ansh Lodhi, Tejasri Nampally, Vinat Goyal, and Akhil Chenna to our group, who joins us as research interns over the summer.
- (Mar 2022): We have two PhD funded opportunities at our group with a start date of August 2022. Please see [this] and [this] link for further details. Apply!
- (Feb 2022): Welcome to Girievasan Manivannan from National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, India to our group, who joins us as a research intern.
- (Dec 2021): Our group publishes seven papers        to 2021 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting (APS/URSI).
- (Oct 2021): Welcome Deepak Joel Yericherla from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Naya Raipur, India, Nitin Sai Bommi from University of Hyderabad, India, and Prathistith Raj Medi from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Naya Raipur, India to our group. They join us as research interns.
- (Sep 2021): Welcome Shane Cooke, Killian Callaghan, Andra Antal-Berbecaru, and Jarrett Pierse to our group. They join us for a year as part of their BSc final year projects.
- (Sep 2021): Welcome Alexia Larchen Costuchen to our group. She joins us as a visiting researcher, as a part of Erasmus Internship programme to contribute to the development of gamified survey software.
- (Sep 2021): Our group publishes two papers   to 2021 4th IEEE International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies (SEST).
- (July 2021): Our group publishes four papers     to 2021 41st annual IGARSS symposium.
- Welcome Muhammad Salman Pathan to our group. He joins us as a Marie Skłodowska-Curie ELITE-S Research fellow to investigate the onset of critical events in a machine-learning framework.
- Welcome to our summer intern for this academic year: Ho Zheng Yi. He is working on developing forecasting techniques for atmospheric parameters.
- Welcome to our grad students: Zixiang Xu (Dante), Yuan Liang (Nick) and Nicholas Danesi, who joined us for their research masters degree supervision.
- Welcome Jiantao Wu (Ivan) to our group. He joins us for his PhD since August 2020, on making knowledge graph technologies accessible to climate and energy researchers.
- I’m a guest editor in the Special Issue on Deep Learning and Evolutionary Computation for Satellite Imagery, in IEEE Big Data Mining and Analytics journal.
- Welcome to our grad students: Jason Walsh, and Barry McNicholl, who joined us for their research masters degree supervision.
- Welcome to our summer interns for this academic year: Sarthak Batra, Dewansh Kaloni, Pierre Berjon, Guillaume Tran, and Buğra Alparslan. They are working on varied projects in the area of computer vision and machine learning.
- We are delighted to receive a research grant from Kaggle, a subsidiary of Google LLC, for atmospheric monitoring using imaging sensors, along with Michela Bertolotto, Gavin McArdle, and Isabella Gollini.
- Welcome Mayank Jain to our group. He joins us for his PhD since January 2020, on understanding the various events in the atmosphere using computer vision techniques.
- I am one of the academic supervisors in the EDGE Marie Skłodowska-Curie postdoctoral fellowship, contact me if you are interested to work in the broad areas of computer vision + machine learning.
- Three papers    accepted in 42nd Proc. Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS). Congratulations to all involved! The slides are available [here], [here], and [here].
- I am one of the academic supervisors in the ELITE-S postdoctoral fellowship, contact me if you are interested to work in the broad areas of computer vision + machine learning.
- Our work on estimating solar irradiance from ground-based camera images is accepted in Atmospheric Measurement Techniques (AMT).
- Congratulations Mahmoud Said Elsayed for his paper acceptance on network attack detection using machine learning techniques, at 2019 IEEE 7th International Conference on Computer Science and Network Technology.
- Our work on proposing a machine-learning framework for accurate rainfall prediction is accepted in IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
- Welcome Conor Meegan to our group. He joins us for his FYP project on exploring data augmentation techniques using GANs for sky/cloud image databases.
- I am organizing 2019 Workshop on Computer Vision for Atmospheric Events Analysis (CVAE) at 5th Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR 2019), from 26 November to 29 November 2019. I am also co-organizing a collocated workshop 3D Reconstruction and Interactive Augmented Reality (3IAR).
- I started as an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Science, University College Dublin (UCD), from Fall 2019 session. I am looking for hard-working PhD students and motivated postdoctoral researchers to join my research group, contact me if you are interested.
- I gave an invited talk at the IEEE YP Symposium on Impact of Data Science in Healthcare on July 15, 2019, and spoke how machine learning techniques can assist us in understanding the electronic health records. [slides]
- I attended the 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting - AP-S/URSI 2019 at Atlanta, Georgia, from 7-12 July 2019, and presented our recent work on cloud image segmentation and precipitable water vapour prediction.
- I gave an invited-talk at the Machine Learning Dublin meetup on June 24, 2019 to discuss our recent work on deep-learning based advert-creation system, developed in collaboration with Huawei Ireland Research Centre. [slides]
- Invited talk on the course ‘Inside the Machine: An Introduction to Architecture, Parallelism & its Applications’, at University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland, May 2019.
- Delivered an undergraduate research talk on ‘Solving Interdisciplinary Problems Using Computer Vision’, at Maynooth University, Co. Kildare, February 2019. [slides]
- Presented our work on ADNet deep-learning model, used for detecting adverts in video frames, at the 26th Irish Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science, Dublin, Ireland. [presentation]
- Awarded the Outstanding Academic Achievement award, by Technology Ireland, November 2018. [news]
- Presented our industry-collaborative research at 3rd Annual Huawei Ireland Video Intelligence Forum 2018, Dublin, October 2018. [PDF]
- Research talk on ‘Computer-Vision Solutions for Sensing Problems’, at University of Dundee, Scotland, October 2018. [slides]
- Invited talk on the course ‘Inside the Machine: An Introduction to Architecture, Parallelism & Electronics’, at Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, United States, July 2018.
- Awarded the ADAPT Centre Directors Commercialisation Award 2018, in recognition of the contribution to Huawei Advert project. [PDF]
- Invited talk on ‘A short tutorial on k-means algorithm’, at National College of Ireland, Dublin, June 2018. [PDF]
- Invited seminar on ‘Developing Computer-Vision Solutions for Sensing Problems in Intelligent Systems’, at University of Derby, United Kingdom, April 2018. [slides]
- Delivered a talk on ‘Ground-based Image Analysis for Solar Energy Applications’ in Machine Learning Dublin meetup at The Innovation Academy TCD, on Aug 28, 2017. [Slides]
- Delivered a talk in the workshop ‘Cantenna to the WiFi rescue’, as a part of seeNTU 2017 programme at NTU Singapore, on May 31, 2017. This is organized by Talent Outreach, NTU Singapore.
- Received recognition of contribution in the 6th Executive Committee in NTU Graduate Students’ Council, AY 2016-17, April 2017. [PDF]
- Received recognition and appreciation for contribution as a tutor in the Peer Tutoring Scheme, NTU Singapore, AY 2016-17, March 2017. [PDF]
- Organized IEEE HardTech Summit 2016, as the local organizing chair, in extension to TENCON 2016 conference. The summit was held at Nanyang Technological University Singapore on 26 November 2016, in association with several partners. [Event Flyer]
- Delivered a talk in the ‘LED Cube’ workshop, as a part of NTU EEE Outreach program at Garage@EEE, NTU Singapore, on October 6, 2016 for JC students from Raffles Institution, Singapore. Check out the LED Cube workshop page. [Slides]
- Organized a financial management talk on 28 September 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is organized by NTU - Graduate Students’ Council. [Event Flyer]
- Organized a technical workshop ‘LaTeX workshop using Overleaf’ by Dr. Lim Lian Tze, TeXpert at Overleaf on 24 September 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is jointly organized by NTU - Graduate Students’ Council and NTU Society of Young Researchers. [Event Flyer]
- Organized a career workshop ‘Start Early, Plan Your Career with Industry Insights’ on 17 September 2016 at NTU Singapore. The speakers were Satsheel Shrotriya, McKinsey & Co; Aayush Singhania, Paypal; Snigdha Singhania, Google Singapore and Sonal Chinchwadkar, 3D Networks. This event is jointly organized by NTU - Graduate Students’ Council, IEEE Young Professionals Singapore, in collaboration with NTU World of Wisdom. [Event Flyer]
- Received IEEE R10 YP Affinity Group Award in recognition and appreciation of valued services and contributions, August 2016. The award consists of a plaque.
- Organized a career workshop ‘Design your life as professional, investor or entrepreneur’ by Mr. Patrick YC Lim, Colt Academy Pte Ltd. on 24 August 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is jointly organized by NTU - Graduate Students’ Council and IEEE Young Professionals Singapore, in collaboration with BestTop Consulting. [Event Flyer]
- Organized a career talk ‘Procurement and supply chain professional progression and salary trend’ by Michael Koh, Regional Head of Procurement, Asia Pacific at T-Systems on 19 August 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is organized by NTU - Graduate Students’ Council, in collaboration with IEEE Young Professionals Singapore. [Event Flyer]
- Delivered a talk in the workshop ‘Cantenna to the WiFi rescue’, as a part of seeNTU 2016 programme at NTU Singapore, on June 1, 2016. This is organized by Talent Outreach, NTU Singapore.
- Delivered a talk in the workshop ‘How to build a cantenna?’, as a part of NTU Outreach programme at Anderson Junior College, in Ang Mo Kio, Singapore, on May 25, 2016.
- Certificate of recognition as Director of Career and Entrepreneurship Committee in 5th Executive Committee NTU Graduate Students’ Council (2015/16). [PDF]
- My experiences in IEEE and its impact on young graduates got featured in the Humans of IEEE. More details of this IEEE story can be found from this link, 23 Mar 2016.
- Organized a career talk Data Analytics in industry by Orkan Akcan, Practice Leader, Supply Chain and Enterprise Analytics, Antuit on 23 March 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is organized by NTU - Graduate Students’ Council. [Event Flyer]
- Organized a series of skills development workshops for graduate students. These workshops are conducted by Dr. Elaine Walsh from the Imperial College Graduate Schools, London, UK. The workshops were held from March 14 to March 16, 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is jointly organized by IEEE Young Professionals and NTU - Graduate Students’ Council. [Event Flyer]
- Organized a career workshop for graduate students titled ‘Ideal Jobs for Graduating Students’ by experts from BestTop Consulting on 24 February 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is jointly organized by IEEE Young Professionals and NTU - Graduate Students’ Council. Details of the event have been featured in IEEE IMPACT blog in this link. [Event Flyer]
- Organized an academic Workshop on Discover, Manage, Share and Showcase: Must-know research trends and tools for graduate students by Ms. Dianne Cmor, on 19 February 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is jointly organized by IEEE Young Professionals and NTU - Graduate Students’ Council. [Event Flyer]
- Organized a career talk Wireless Devices: Recent developments and Future trends by Prof. Howard Luong, Professor at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology on 6 January 2016 at NTU Singapore. This event is jointly organized by NTU - Graduate Students’ Council and IEEE Young Professionals. [Event Flyer]
2015 and before
- Commendable Teaching Assistant Award for the AY 2014-15, by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, NTU Singapore, 16 Nov 2015 [PDF].
- Hosted the official opening ceremony of Summer Research Internship (SRI) 2015 programme at Nanyang Technological University Singapore, on June 3, 2015.
- Third prize in the finals of EURAXESS Links ASEAN Science Slam competition, Bangkok, Nov 13, 2014. [FB event page]
- One of the top-10 finalists in the 2nd editions of 3MT competition organised at NTU Singapore, August 2014. [PDF]
- Delivered a talk on ‘Perception and Awareness of Stakeholders towards Outcome-Based Education’ via webinar. Organized by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, NIT Silchar, 20 April 2014.
- Finalist in the 3MT competition organised at NTU Singapore, September 2013. 3MT competition is a research communication competition whereby the contestants need to explain the significance of their research to the non-specialist audience in 3 minutes. [Video] [PDF]
- Second Prize in Verbalize: Theme Essay competition in Indian Institute of Management Bangalore’s Annual International Business Summit, Vista, September 27th-29th, 2013. [PDF]